May 2014 - Current
Accord Alaska, LLC | Anchorage, AK
Conflict Resolution Experience
- Conduct interviews with disputants, witnesses, and any additional relevant groups or individuals
- Use mediation techniques to facilitate communication between disputants, to further parties' understanding of different perspectives, and to guide parties toward mutual agreement
- Assist with dispute resolutions using effective problem-solving and by guiding mutual understanding of opposing views
- Draft settlement paperwork and gathered signatures from disputants to provide documentation of agreed-upon solutions
- Design training courses to assist participants in understanding the mediation process better and getting better outcomes
- 2014-2018, briefly in 2022-2023, AK Court contract to facilitate divorce, custody, and children in need of aid mediation.
- Provide data collection to courts for grants and submit demographic and outcome reports per requirements of the contract.
- Certified Mediator- Florida Supreme Court Circuit and County Courts.
- I have been employed/contracted as a Paralegal in the states of Alaska, Maryland, Florida, New York, California, and the District of Columbia. As a Paralegal, I have worked on a variety of cases for several brilliantly staffed firms. My favorite case types are civil, (breach of contract, personal injury) but I have worked on several cases involving adoptions, Children in Need of Aid (CINA)/ICWA, juvenile offenders, and high-profile, criminal cases (gang violence, sexual assault).
- SOA v. S. Joshua, 3AN-11-05363CR (Motion practice to dispose of M2 and 3 other charges).
- Recreational Data Services Inc. v. Trimble Navigation Ltd., 3AN-11-10519CI ($53 mil verdict).
- Doctor of Philosophy in Conflict Analysis and Resolution,
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- President of the Nova Southeastern University, Africa Working Group
- Dissertation Defense: Dec 2024
- Masters of Science in Negotiation and Dispute Resolution,
- CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY, Omaha, Nebraska, Grad: January 2016
- Bachelor of Science - Legal Studies
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, Adelphi, Maryland, Grad: January 2010
SAVE SEX ALASKA - Sex Positive Education/Discussion Podcast for Alaskans
Alaska Non-Profit Corporation organized to create an open medium for a positive dialogue about sex.
- RECENT CERTIFICATIONS
- 2021 Autism Speaks
- 2021 Florida Circuit/County Court Certified Mediator
- 2022 Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM)
- 2022 Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) and Early Trauma
- 2022 Family Coaching- Marriage and Couples
- 2022 Gestalt Psychotherapy Techniques
- 2022 Mindful Intimacy Coaching
- 2022 Planned Parenthood Sex EducationTraining for Educators
- 2012-2015 CASA- Court Appointed Special Advocate - Anchorage Alaska
- 2014- 2019 Small Claims and Landlord Tenant Mediator
- 2015- 2019 Founding Member/Secretary of the Professional Mediators of Alaska– Board of Directors
- 2015, 2017- Mock Trial Judge – Anchorage Bar Association – Young Lawyers Assoc.
- 2022 @ Residential Institute- Nova Southeastern University Africa WG- Roundtable Discussion Presentation on Critical Race Theory
- 2022 Ally Member of Alaska Black Caucus